Compete on the couch or on the go!
Hit the road with the definitive version of Mario Kart 8 and play anytime, anywhere! Race your friends or battle them in a revised Battle mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to 4-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing in TV Mode. Every track from the Wii U version, including DLC, makes a glorious return. Plus, the Inklings appear as all-new guest characters, along with returning favorites, such as King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr.!
Check availability at your favorite online retailer:
- Platform : Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: April 28, 2017
- No. of Players: up to 12 players
- Genre: Racing
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Developer: Nintendo
- Race as every character on every track from the Wii U version, including DLC characters and tracks.
- Pop some balloons in the revamped Battle mode, complete with Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast.
- Battle on new courses, like Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, or returning ones, such as GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.
- Inkling Girl & Inkling Boy from Splatoon™, King Boo, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. join the roster!
- Players can choose a new Smart Steering feature which makes driving and staying on the track easy for novice players and kids, even at 200cc.
- Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players*.
- Drive through in 1080p HD quality in TV mode.
- Play on the go with handheld mode and play anytime, anywhere.